Sunday, December 23, 2012

See, Look at, and Watch

Do you know the difference between see, look at, and watch?
See is an inactive word. When your eyes are open, you do it without thinking. Example- I see a car near the store.
Look at is an active word. You must want to do it. But it is for a short time. Example- Look at this dress.
Watch is also an active word. You must want to do it but it is for a longer period of time. Example- Let's watch television.

Check Your Understanding
Choose the correct word (see, look at, or watch.) Click the box to see the correct answer. 1. Do you want to a movie with me tonight?
2. Please the clock and tell me what time it is.
3. I like to go to the zoo and the animals while they are playing.*
4. How many things do you in this office?
5. I want to that sweater again. Maybe I will buy it.
*Remember, this means it is a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks you