Sunday, December 23, 2012

Simple Present vs. Present Continuous
This lesson may be a review for many people, but do you know the difference between I eat and I am eating? Is it okay to say I watch TV right now, or should you say I am watching TV right now?
The Simple Present Tense is used for things that happen regularly, like this: Sheila takes a shower every evening.
or for general facts, like this:
Birds fly in the sky.

***
The Present Continuous Tense is made by a be verb (am, is, are) + verb+ing. It is used for things that are happening right now, like this:

I am taking a shower right now.
or for things that are happening nowadays, like this:
Many people are losing their jobs nowadays.

Questions and Answers
Using the words below, fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verb. study speak go watch drink brush
1. Lisa her teeth every morning.

2. Where is Charlie? He television.

3. A: What do you do after school everyday? B: I usually to the library.

4. These days I math at the college.

5. Australians English.

6. Frank always coffee for breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks you